Friday, February 6, 2009

Week 5 - 52Q "How do I feel today?"

How do I feel today? Hmmmmm...I woke
in a great mood...not sure why...but slowly
my mood shifted some.

Today I am feeling homesick...very, very homesick. I am from a very rural area in Pennsylvania....my family and many friends still live there. Moving to the "Big City" (aka the Boston area) was a major culture shock for a country girl...but you know what they say, "You can take the girl out of the country...". I have lived in Massachusetts for 15 years and 4 months. Other than the first dreadful year after I moved here, I have never been as homesick as I am right now. So, my tag for this week is about that....How do I feel today? Homesick. The back of the tag reads: Today I am feeling very homesick. I miss my family and old friends tremendously. I miss walking down old dird roads feeling my troubles and worries leaving my soul with every single step I take. I miss driving in mountains that I know like my own body. I miss the smells of home. The country air, the sweet fragerance of my hometown. I miss the old oak tree which stands in the farmer's field. I am homesick and I ache for home.

Art info: I used an extra-large manila tag and distressed it lightly with black ink and a "stratch" stamp. For the collage I used old sheet music, black paper and a lace sticker. The image is from ArtChix. Edged in black chalk.

No comments: